Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using DoCmd.SendObject - Show email before it is sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

puforee

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have built code in my DB to send emails to selected locations (2) with an attachment. This works and the email is sent without showing the email page. I know the email screen will show if I do not have a To: email address in the code. But I do have the Address/s in the code. Now my users want the email to show before it is sent. Is there a way to make this happen using the DoCmd.SendObject in VBA?

And I also know about using the Outlook commands as an alternative but that requires saving the attachment outside of access. We are working with remote servers and the time require to store the attachment may be prohibitive to my users. That is why I am using the DoCmd.SentObject approach.

Thanks,

I have built code in my DB to send emails to selected locations (2) with an attachment. This works and the email is sent " So, it looks to me you have a solution to your issue in thread705-1797756

"Now my users want the email to show before it is sent" - would they be happy to be CC'ed on that e-mail instead?

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back