Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using DNIS with Symposium 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich875421

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2006
GB
I would like to use DNIS as opposed to CDN to route the calls and for reporting.

Is there a requirement to do something on the Meridian to recognise DNIS in the same way you do for CDN's

Many Thanks

Richard

that seems like a strange request.. we are 100 percent did's so i point my 1800 dnis targets to did which i use for cdn's BUT symposium will acquire dnis, to my surprise, so it should not be a problem.. as i've preached for 30+ years, there is never one way (or a best way) to do anything on planet nortel.

there is a forum for symposium where you may find more detail.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

IDC your DNIS to a symposium acquire CDN. Within the master script, screen by DNIS instead of CDN.

The only way a call can get into the Symposium is via a CDN acquired by Symposium

thanks for that post, why does our symposium have dnis as the next prompt under cdn... how can you add a dnis to the switch and acquire it..

but i do the same thing.. either dnis to the cdn or idc to the cdn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Within Symposium MasterScript, you can screen calls using multiple techniques...most efficient and reliable-(my opion) is DNIS and CDN.

Our SCCS screen by DNIS first, if for some reason the DNIS was stripped or has been modified from its origninal number than the fallback would be the CDN...but doing this way would the DNIS are "mapped" to a specific CDN.

@johnpoole

your situation might be just the reserve of what I have stated above. Within SCCS or SECC, you can't acquire DNIS, you can however define DNIS so you can get meaningful reports bases on DNIS

thanks for clearing that up.. i could see that if you wanted reports on a call per dnis.. that makes more sense.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back