Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using DNIS on BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

coop333

Vendor
Jan 26, 2004
US
I have never used DNIS digits although I have lots of Norstar experince. I have a Pri I am using for local traffic which I know how to set-up. I also have a long distance T1 from another vendor and I have all the settings for these circuits. The customer wants to just use 9 to accesss outside calling and the local v/s LD be routed atomatically. I think I can figure out how to route the out bound traffic to the LD T1 versus the local PRI but how do I program DNIS on the T1. They have for ex. a DNIS inbound of 460 associated with an 800-xxx-xxxx number that comes in on the LD T1. Do I program 460 as recive digits on a target line and then assign it on the phone and the 800 number is attached to it or what. Also I would be reciveing 3 digits here v/s 4 on the DID ranges on the PRI. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks

Make a target for it but I think it will need to be 4 digit since you can not have some at 4 and some at 3. Have the 800 # people give you a DINS of 4.

You and cook are correct, telco should be able to change DNIS (outpulsed digits) on the fly. Both providers need to be the same.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks guys! This system in place now is working in this scenario it is a definity. I am trying to find out from telco if the pri is sending 4 digits or 3. I know the LD t1 is sending 3 so unless the Definity can distinguish 3 on vs 4 on the other I am assuming my pri is sending 3 now instead of 4 like I thought. I was thinking they did have to be the same in the BCM though so I will verify that. I appreciate the help I will change my recived length to 3 and hopefully that will do it and hopefully our routing is configured right. Thanks

If you have your public rec. digits set to 4 in the BCM you will be able to enter a 3 digit public number in a target line.

Even if the PRI provide is sending 4, you can still set your public received number length at 3 and it will work.
Typically the received numbers are all in the same range, like 4xxx.
So, if you set the public length to 3, it will cover your T1 and PRI received numbers.
As long as the Received Number length is equal to, or less than, what Telco is sending it will work.

-SD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back