Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using default values with 'Allow multiple values'

Status
Not open for further replies.

paljnad

Technical User
Aug 28, 2008
US
I have a crystal report v 10.0 within which I have setup a string parameter called 'AccountNumber'. Under 'Edit Parameter Field' - I have checked the 'Allow multiple values' option and also checked the 'Discreet Values' button. And then under default values, I have typed in 'All'.

In my report selection criteria, I am checking whether the user has picked 'All' which would display all account numbers or if he has typed in a specific account number or account numbers.

But the problem is that when I run the report then 'All' is not set as the default value even though that's how I want it to be. 'All' is setup as one of the options that the user must pick in order to run the report instead of staying as the default parameter value.

How do I make the default value of the paramter be 'All' and if the user doesn't want 'All' then he/she can remove it and type in the account number/s they want?

As far as I recall, Crystal 10 would use the top value as the default. In Crystal 11, you need to set it separately.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back