Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Date Add Function to find records 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

misha8765

Instructor
May 8, 2006
US
Thank you in advance for your time.

I want to run a report which shows me all employees due for an evaluation in the next month.

Field: hiredate
data example: 10/30/06

I'm looking for all dates (Month and day only) between now and one month from now. I have been working with the dateadd function but not getting a crrect result.

Thank you!

In the Criteria:

Between Date() And DateAdd("m", 1, Date())

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
CCNA, CCDA, MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+, CHDP
VB/Access Programmer

Thank you for your help. I need it to look at just the month and the date. This code will only pull people in the future. I need to know employees ready for a review. I need someone who was hired on 11/05/04 to show on the report.

I truly appreciate your time.

SQL code snippet:
WHERE Format([hiredate],'mmdd') Between Format(Date(),'mmdd') And Format(DateAdd('m',1,Date()),'mmdd')

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back