Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using data macro to alert user when record is added to a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moss100

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
GB
Hello,

I have a problem whereby a record is added to my table tbl_Garage when it should not be.

I cannot trace why this is happening so thought I would add a data macro to tbl_Garage which triggers after a record is added. This would at least pin-point the moment a record is added, so I may be able to work out what’s causing this.

I cannot see how to make access display a message box from the data macro - could someone help, or suggest another approach?

Many thanks Mark

Is yours the only application that can add a record to that table?
If yes, you can easily add some kind of tracing wherever you have INSERT INTO tbl_Garage ... statement, or whatever you do to add a record to your table. That would also allow you to track who and from where in your code the new record has been added.
You can also add a new field to that tables (DateAdded) defined as DateTime and set its default value to Now()

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back