Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using custom database to dial with IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpking

Programmer
Mar 26, 2003
GB
Hi

I've designed a custom database, and have a TAPI function which dials a number from the database on the click of a button.

The code I use, according to the forum for the design platform, just uses the default phone software on the PC. The problem is that is pops up microsoft's phone dialer. This is a pain, I just want it to pop IP Office.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there any setting to make IP Office the default phone software to use?

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

If you use the standard dialer functions that a lot of the programming languages have (Access?) then you get the microsoft dialer.

I have succesfully created a dialer script with ActiveX controls, specifically from (I don't work for Allen-Martin)

Good Luck

Hi

Thanks for your reply. That clears things up a little.

I'm actually using Lotus Notes, which uses the same functions, although slightly different syntax of course, as VB.

I don't know anything about ActiveX, although I'm going to try. Any pointers in the right direction would be welcome though.

Thanks

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back