Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using CSS to make my webpage printable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowRealm

Programmer
Jun 22, 2008
US
Currently trying to use CSS to make my web page look good when it prints. I can make the left sidebar go away when the page prints (no problem there) but I can't get my center column layer, (with all the stuff I want to appear on the printed page), move over to the left side so it will all fit on the printed page. I've tried to apply an external style to the center column layer that would move it to the left when the media is PRINT, but it doesn't work. I can make OTHER things in the layer change when it prints, (Font, text size, etc.) but I can't get its possition to change. I know it can be done --- Wikipedia pages actually do a really good job of this. Any ideas?

Is your page laid out with tables?

Can you supply us with a link or enough HTML to replicate the problem?

It's tough to come up with a specific answer to such a generic question.

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back