Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Crystal On The Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiarak

Programmer
Nov 26, 2001
AU
Hi,

I am currently writing a number of Crystal Reports to be opened using java via a URL connection. At present when I develop the reports they are placed on a test server and the URL points to this. When we are happy with the reports I copy them to the production server and point the URL to this. The problem is that the database on the production server has a different name so I am having to copy each report across, open it and run it, logging on using the production server parameters. Is there a better way of doing this?? An api call that can manipulate the .rpt file or something similar??

Really appreciate any help you can offer on this problem...
Thanks a million...

IF YOU MANAGE TO FIND A SOLUTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW! :))
Also read my question with subject "Multiple Databases".

Hattusas

Someone has suggested I try the crystal utility update8x - I've read the doco and it sounds good - at the moment I'm having dll problems with it but it might be what you're after - let me know how you go...

Cheerio
Chiara

Chiarak75!Wait for tomorrow.Currently I am on a different computer.In my computer I have tested and found solution to that problem.
But there is something to explain that it is impossible to modify the database without redesigning the rpt file.BUT by using ASP (Active Server Pages) you can get what you want.Tomorrow or on Thursday I will post a tip in Data-Access section.First you are to build java appplets but instead of calling the rpt file in your URL you will call the ASP file.

Hi,

When I try to execute update8x.exe I get an error - cannot find procedure PESetDictionaryLocation in CRPE32.dll. CRPE32.dll comes with the utility in the first place so I'm not sure what can be done...
Any ideas?

Thanks a mill
Chiara

You need to have version 8.0.0.510 or higher, as listed in the README.TXT file. We are scouring of servers and workstations to find one, but have not yet. I also have been unable to locate this on Crystal's site. If any of you find it before me, please let me know

Oops! I forgot to name the file.....you need version 8.0.0.510 or higher of CRPE32.DLL

We found the file on our test server for Crystal 8.5 Enterprise server. I can email this file to anyone that needs it.

Thanks

I actually emailed the Crystal help desk and they sent me a patch to update my version of this dll and the update8x works perfectly now - is good for transferring between servers where the database name is the same.

Hello.

Could someone give me the URL of an apropriate crpe32.dll (v 8.0.0.510 or higher)for the update8x utility?

Thanks in advance,

Barinstein Mark.

Hello!

Please, send me the updated Update8x.exe or an apropriate crpe32dll, too.

Thanks in advance,

Andrey Yashchuk.

Hi

You can download the patch crpe32.dll at ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/cr80main.zip

Update utility should work fine then.

Chiara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back