Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using combo boxes to run query and display in table/form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2013
US
Hi,
I am having trouble running a query and having the results display in a table/form.
I have one table with name, date, time, system, status, and comment fields. I have created a form that has combo boxes that you can pick from. They are not all required. Then I have a command button to run the query based on what was in teh combo box. currently it opens the query and displays the correct results but I also want to have a command button display those results in a form. So if I select a name on my combo box and run form view it either goes to that select record or goes to the first one of many in form view and then i can page through. Right now when I run form view it opens up the form to the first record.

The only real vb i have right now is docmd.openform "frmmainmenu", acnormal, or something to that affect
I'm not exactly sure how to feed it the query results
This is the first time I am using access so let me know if something needs to be explained better.
I hope that makes sense
Thanks

Would the following work for you:
A main form with a header section that displays your combo boxes for filtering and then a single form view subform that displays the records matching the filter?

We would prefer to have the exact table and field names with data types.

msaccessnoob said:
name, date, time, system, status, and comment
If the suggested field names you provided are the true names, you might want to check Allen Browne's Problem names and reserved words in Access.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back