Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Cognos and Excel 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2007
US
After clicking on the Excel Icon in Cognos with MS Excel 2007 opened I receive the following error:

Opening the VBA project in this file requires a component that is not currently installed. This file will be opened without the VBA project.
For more information, search Microsoft Office for "VBA converters".

What could I do to not get this error message?

Thanks for looking.

I have one user who has no problem using Cognos and Excel 2007. I was wondering why one can use it w/o any problems.

What Version of Cognos are you working with? I think you will need to be using 7.3 or higher to get Cognos to work with Excel 2007. I would check out the cognos web site to see what is compatible.

Same problem here. Some interesting info though - I have another user who has the Office 2007 suite and it works fine on his..?? The only difference I can see is that the Office 2007 installation on the working machine didn't seem to get rid of all of the previous Office XP files. Office XP Pro is still listed in the uninstall list in Add/Remove Programs.

I found a solution, if you have the resources. I stripped off Office 2007, installed Office XP Pro, and then installed Office 2007 over the top of Office XP Pro. The Excel Integration module works after doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back