Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Cisco CDR's CMR's to report on Trunk usage for gateways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2016
US
We collect Cisco Call Manager (CUCM) CDR from CSV formatted files (cdr_* and cmr_* files). Lines in these files for calls that route through a CUBE to/from external trunks seem to be missing data that can be used to identify which external trunk they were carried on. The Call Manager CDR has data that identifies that the call passed though the CUBE, but it does not seem to have any data that would identify the external trunk the call was carried on. The external trunk associated with each call (incoming or outgoing / origination or destination) is absolutely necessary in order to account for trunk usage.

What changes are necessary to get some kind of external trunk identification information into the CUCM csv files?

Which csv columns will have data that can be used to identify the external trunk?

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I recommend a third party solution. It will give you what you are looking for in a much better format.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

I would like to use a 3rd party solution, but I can't find anyone who can show me the trunk info. They can only show us the IP of the gateway. They tell us that the data is not in the CDR/CMR records, so I was wondering if anyone else is able to use a 3rd party solution to see the trunk behind the router. The 3rd party providers tell me that the information is not in the CDR/CMR data, so they can't report on it. I don't know if the data really is not there, or if I am talking to the wrong providers. If anyone has a provider that can show trunk activity on a remote gateway, then I would love to know who it is.

Call Manager is only going to know CM stuff. Not router stuff. You would have to do it based off of separating route lists per site/dept/etc.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

My CDR reports show everything I need on the calls, EXCEPT for the trunk that was actually used on the router. Instead of trunk info, I just get the router IP address. I am being told that the only way to see trunk information from the router is to get Radius AAA records directly from the router. Does this sound correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back