Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using CFG Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

papollo

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
US
Hello:

I am working on this App. Seems that some of the workstations and the notebook are using a CFG file called (Network.cfg).

From what I tell the CFG files sets up the Allias?
The App does the following:
Within the Boot script they get the location of the Allias that points to the Programs and the data.

Well I changed the NETWORK.CFG sometime ago. Now the app. does not run off the notebook.

Seems that it pulling up a invalid location for the Work allias.
I ran a trace and see that the Work Allias is invalid but I can't figure out how to get the change to stay.

I Set the Work allias to the valid location within Paradox.
and it still points to a invalid location.

Should I create a Work Allias in the NETWORK.CFG file too???

IS there a way to restore a CFG file to it previous values?

Thanks

IS there a way to restore a CFG file to it previous values?
"

Yes, from the version you backed up. :)

:WORK: is meaningless. It is just the 'home' directory Paradox is using.

To change :WORK:, you have to go to File | Working Directory and select it; you can't change the path of :WORK: like most aliases (setAliasPath() doesn't work with :WORK:). You can try setWorkingDir(), but it doesn't get set until all OPal is done firing.

:WORK: is normally the last directory Paradox used as the 'home' directory, but can be set from the Icon you use to start Paradox by using "-w c:\directory\subdir\subdir\etc" (without quotes, usually, unless you have spaces in the path, and then you need quotes around the path (-w "c:\my dir\subdir")).

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

Tony:
thanks for the reply and explaining the 'work' issues.

I'll make the changes and update you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back