Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using CF scheduler to monitor webpage 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotruth

Programmer
May 2, 2001
US
I want to use CF scheduler to monitor hourly changes in someone else's homepage.

I want to monitor the number of listeners our internet radio get per hour at the shoutcast website.

Can scheduler do an hourly print screen automatically? I really only need one bit of information from the page, but this is the only way I can think of to get it. It would be even better if it could update date a text file (like a log) as this would same on hard drive usage. If you have any ideas, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

You may want to look into this: It plays nicely with shoutcast and checks in with them several times per hour. It even makes charts and ranks dj's by listeners.

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies, LLC

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

This would be great if I did not have to change hosts in order to use it. I dont think it will work for my purposes because of this. However, I did find a program that does automatic print screen tasks. Now the problem is getting the web page to automatically refresh itself just before the snapshot is taken. Any suggestions on this one? Thanks guys.

You could use the following <Meta> tag along with a <cfhttp> call or <iframe> tag to display and refresh the shoutcast webpage with your station's stats on it.
Code:
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="3600; URL=http://www.mywebsite.com/mypage.cfm">

jalpino

at the rist of getting spanked by TT (cannedradio.com is my service) i'll talk about CR (not to sell it) but how you can get the data.

if you're using cfmx you can use the built in xml parser to get any of the data quite easily.

here's where i'll get spanked. I don't want to make the exact process public, if you'd like more info you can contact me via the webpage and i'll help get your data.

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

I am not sure how to contact you from the webpage besides the contact us form. I will try that. if it doesn't work, please contact me by emial at (loxxii at yahoo) Thank you very much.

The contact form worked just fine. :)

I sent you an email.

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Here is the soultion I am currently using. I use windows task scheduler to open the browser every hour with the page needed set as home. Then the screen capture tool copies the page into a jpg.

This works wonderfully except of one flaw. I cannot get TS to close the browser after the screen capture. When I try, it terminates the task altogether so that it does not run on the next hour. Currently, it opens a new browser window every time and this works perfectly as far as the screen capture. However, I have 24 browser windows opened every day. How can I close these automatically?

you never replied to my email. :\

I replied on Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:51:37 -0800 (PST)

I will forward it to you. Thanks.

I replied to that one 3/31/05 5:58pm est :) i sent the reply again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back