Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using CallPilot to reset passwords in Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTarv

Technical User
Aug 16, 2005
US
I've been floated a question by my IT brethren here. They would like for users to be able to reset their network password by calling a callpilot mailbox. Personally, I don't think it can be done without a world of programming and some divine intervention, but I'm willing to ask. Maybe it's easy and I just don't realize it. Any ideas (Also, anyone else getting these kinds of questions on a semi-regular basis?)?

if i understand this correctly a network password for there pc not for the call pilot mailbox

you can setup a mailbox for "password reset requests"with off premise notification then "IT" person gets that message and resets the password for them

or if you have unified messaging on a pc the message will come into outlook but again a person would need to change it
manually,

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back