Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Callpilot to front end CC6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlas

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
GB
I have tried to front end CC6 with callpilot but callpilot seems to keep control of the call. It plays a menu and when I select option 1 which transfers to a CDN it will only work if I have an idle agent. It returns back to Callpilot if when it goes into CC6 I try and play an annoucement.

Any idea would be welcomed.

Regards

M

Are you transferring to a CDN that has been acquired in CC6?

Yes. The app builder does a transfer to a CC6 aquired CDN.

I do not suggest front ending a cc6 with callpilot. If callpilot fails all calls are redirected to 1 single Default DN (DFDN) which is normally reception. If symposium front ends the call then we can still have some call seperation... And if Symposium dies ACD takes over.

I disagree. In my experience CC6 fails more often than CP. Also if the CDN's DFDN is configured correctly on the front end, all your redundancy is there and will lessen the processor load on the CC6 significantly.

Example.
CDN 72000 w/ DFDN of 2000. 2000 is ACD DN w/ NCFW to Attn or another backup ACD DN.

That is 2 levels of backup routing in the PBX alone.

As for the xfer problem.

1. Has this ever worked or is this a new install?

2. Paste the tnb of one of your voice ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back