Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using button to add rows to table

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtizzlemaster

Programmer
Mar 5, 2008
US
An employee is filling out an order form. One part of the order form is where they enter in the item(s) that the customer has ordered. Right now I've currently got it to where the table lists a static number of fields (16). What I want to do is make it to where it only lists one field at first, and then there's a button they can click to make another field pop up if needed. Based on what I've said so far, I already know how to do that, but the thing is that I want them to be able to add an infinite number of fields, and I don't want to code each and everyone (which would be virtually impossible, anyway, considering the definition of the word "infinite"). Before this gets too wordy let me just show you exactly what I mean so you can visualize it:

items.php

So.. what do you have for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back