Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using BOI and Printing a sales order

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaughma

IS-IT--Management
Staff member
Nov 21, 2003
US
In version 4.2, printing a sales order worked from BOI.

Now, we've bumped up to 4.3, and attempting to print a sales order just give me the "Data not selected for print" error.

I have verified that the checkbox to print the sales order is checked. I have verified that I am setting the Order Number field to the correct order number.

This is driving me up a tree; it is now to the point where this ONE ISSUE is pushing back the date of launching a new web site.

Any thoughts?

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Any thoughts? Yes I think you should post this in the BOI section of community.sagemas.com where the engineers from Sage answer questions like this.

You know, BigLouie, not to be a jerk here... but if you'd pay attention, you'll see that I have had a thread over on sagemas for the last MONTH with this issue.

Not everyone on Tek-Tips is on the sage community site, that's why I cross-posted my question here.

As a long-standing member and contributor of Tek-Tips, I value the people here. They are among the most intelligent people that I know. I know some of them personally, and many of those whom I haven't met I still consider friends.

Seriously, if your only advice here on Tek-Tips is to go to SageMas, you're really not doing any good for us here.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Tell you what, let's see how many replies you receive here vs on the Sage Community.

i have also read that the error is a known bug in certain 4.3.x branches and fixed in later releases.

Unfortunately, moving to 4.4 is not an option at this time, because the custom add-ins that were written for us get broken on 4.4.

Just my 2¢

--Greg

Hi Dawn.

Yeah... Myron is looking into the custom add-in. It's for "Mix and match" pricing... and evidently, it breaks with 4.4.

We have multiple products that are in the same price group, and we give quantity discounts at certain order points as long as they are all in the same group. Evidently, the add-in will have to be re-written for 4.4.

--Greg

Just my 2¢

--Greg

I saw that certain print bugs were fixed in later builds of the 4.3 branch. Can you not upgrade within the branch?

I will ask Myron if there are any service patches that we can apply to our 4.3 installation. Good idea. :) I just assumed we were running the latest one.... that's what I get for making assumptions.

Just my 2¢

--Greg

Seems we're running revision 19, which is the latest.

Just my 2¢

--Greg

Tell you what, let's see how many replies you receive here vs on the Sage Community.

Just as an update... so far... 0 responses on sagemas community.

lol

Just my 2¢

--Greg

I have noticed that on this post and on your post on the Sage Community, while you say you are using BOI I have noticed that you have not posted the code you wrote. I noticed on the Sage Community that Big Louie asked about the code. How can anyone tell you what is wrong with your BOI code if you don't post it.

Visit Sage's Online Community

Well, in the end, I ended up writing a VB.NET printing routine.

Just my 2¢

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back