Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using associated port with dynamic lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam93

Programmer
Jul 19, 2002
CA
Hi,

I am having problem in using dynamic lookup. Here's my scenario: My source has the following columns:
client_code, client_name, and expiry_date. A value in the expiry date column means that the record is not active after the given date.

My target has the following columns:
client_code, client_name, and active_flag which has values 'Y' or 'N' according to the expiry_date value in the source.

I have created a dynamic lookup on the target table, joining client_code in source with client_code in target.
If I do not find a client_code in the lookup, then I update the dynamic cache with the new record and insert that record in the target table.
If I find the client_code in the target then I compare client_name between source and target and if its different then I update the dynamic cache with new client_name and update the target table with new client_name.

However, I do not know how to include the active_flag in the lookup, because there is no column in the source table that I can use as 'Associated Port' for active_flag. Is there a way to include this column in my dynamic lookup so that I can return it's value from the lookup without using an associated port? If not then how else can I achieve this?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back