Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using ASP for Web Page template design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MstrMitch

Programmer
Oct 23, 2000
US
I would like if someone can help me learn or know how to use ASP to create multiple dynamic web pages in one template. such as I have a picture that goes in a certain place, a paragraph that goes in a certain place and so forth. I know how to creat the html wher I want things to go, but My main concerns are:

1. how does the page know to change the pictures depending on the link that is pushed ie: a different page for egypt and for USA but with same html layout, but obviously different pics and words and paraphraphs.

2. how would I set up the database for this. do I have to be extremely specific and make a table for each location ie: top left picture, botom left picture, middle paragraph and so forth.

Thank you for your help. I can also be reached at mpalmer@emeraldexcursions if you wish to write directly. this is very important and I am greatful for any help. please try to be specific in your answer as I am learning ASP but not an expert.

Sincerely,

Mitchel B. Palmer
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Ok one way that I can think of is to apend a string to the end of the URL link then when they click have it print the new page depending on the url. You can put all the pages on one ASP script but each page has its own sub.

Steve Hagerman
Admin@Advancedisp.com
I did it my way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back