Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using arrow keys in a combo box doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halliarse

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2007
GB
I'm using VB.net in Visual Studio 2012

I have a form which has a combo box control which I build from within my code, this seems to work well. However, my users want to use a keyboard arrow keys to scroll through the list and the enter key to actually make the selection but when the list is presented, as soon as the down arrow key is depressed, that item in the list is selected!

Is there something I need to do to get this control to work using a keyboard as it works perfectly with the mouse?

Many thanks

Steve

“as soon as the down arrow key is depressed, that item in the list is selected!”
Isn’t that the way it is supposed to work?

“it works perfectly with the mouse?”
Are you saying you can select the item with your mouse, but the item is NOT selected?

I believe you want to say: "I can scroll down with the mouse without selecting any items in the drop-down box, and I want to be able to do the same from keyboard."

Is that correct?

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back