Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using applysimple in attribute editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekar211

MIS
Dec 15, 2003
US
I have a table which has "userID" column,"VZID" column and "level" column.I have to display userId whose level=3 and VZID whose level=1 in the same report.
Since I can't have a global filter on the report I am trying to do this filtering in the userId attribute and VZID attribute editor itself.
I am using applysimply("(#0 where #1=3)",userId) for the userID attribute.
It's generating the Query but failing to executeing the report.
Can any one tell me if this is the right way to do?

Thank You

Limiting attribute elements in an attribute form expression is not possible; zeroing them out is. I don't think that's what you want though.

Why is a "global" filter not allowed in your report?

there are other columns in the report apart from userid and vzid column which are also related to the Level and they need not have to meet this requirement and i am using relationship filter. but i am still investigating to completely understand the relationship and let you know more about it.

In the mean time is it possible to sort the names in the prompt display in alphabetical order with out using SDK.If so can you please let me know where that option is available.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back