Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using an If statement for a specific address

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschomer

Technical User
Aug 1, 2000
US
I am using two different ASCII text files. My customer's file and a download of my data (from Siebel). Based on a common identifier in each file, I link the files together. In my report if the record in my file matches the record in their file, I want to use my files name, adr, telephone, contact etc. However, when the record is not in my file I need to use their name, adr, telephone etc. In report design on the address field I wrote the following:

IIF(ISNull([myTbl]![myAcctNo_fld]),[MyCustomers_tbl]![Cust_ADDRESS],[myTbl]![My_Address])

But, where there the account number is Blank or NOT... I receive an error! in the report.

Did you create the report based on a query? If so, it will be easier to determine the content of the fields in the query rather than on the report. Could you post the source query? Terry

"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." - Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes

Yes, the report is based on the Query. What do you mean by "Could you post the source query?" Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back