Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using an ActiveX Progress Bar with a query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantoKing

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
GB
Hello,

I have a query that I am currently running through code. This takes rather a long time and I was hoping that someone tell me if it was possible to use the ActiveX ProgressBar control to show the progress of the query. I have used the progress bar previously with different processes but I can't think of a way to use it with a query.

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks,

Steve. Make things as simple as possible — but no simpler.

I am not aware of a control that would monitor/report query status for Access. I have written code where several queries are executed and my solution was to place a counter on the form (ie. Step x of y), so the user knows something is working. I would be interested if you find something. Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

There is a syscmd function that will allow you to use the progress bar that runs during a query. Check out the help file to work with it. The ActiveX ProgBar is really only a distraction - it actually takes resources (memory) away from the query to make it look like there is real progress going on. I would hook it up to the timer interval of the form to display some action with an acceleration of the meter when the query completes. if you are using the query as part of recordset the you will have control over how the form is presented.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back