Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Adodc to read and write to databases VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaked

Instructor
Mar 4, 2002
ZA
I am linking a form to 2 database tables. I use one table to read information such as prices of products, but at the same time I need to record that information to another table. I have set up the Adodc1 to read the one table, but I struggle to get Adodc2 te record to the other table. Please help

Do you have 2 databases or 1 database with 2 tables? Are you using some sort of datagrid control bound to each of the adodc controls? I can point you in a direction but I will need some more details or some code to get started. Anything is possible, the problem is I only have one lifetime.

I have two databases.

It is set up in the following way:
Each one is linked to an ADODC control
The tables are read in the program by linking to the ADODC's text boxes.

I have also created a prompt to ask for the product code. When the user type in the product code it displays the information in the text boxes. That information I need to record in the other database.

I hope this is enough information. Programming is still a new part I am learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back