Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Adaptec SNAP 210 as a staging device in ARCserve 11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankle

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2002
US
I currently am using one drive of a multi-disk Dell Powervault745 as a staging device for ARCserve 11.5 with no problems other than I do not have enough room to keep the sessions as long as I would like. I created a share on the disk and I point to the share as a FSD using UNC. I can't add larger disks, so I was planning on purchasing a 1 TB Adaptec SNAP server to use for staging. I planned on creating a share as I did on the Powervault745. I did read on another post that the Adaptec 520 is not certified although Adaptec lists that Arcserve works with the SNAP devices. Should I look for something else? I have limited funds and the SNAP was reasonable.

Not certified? well not certified for what? for NAS? thats different since that what you want to do. There is a specific list of devices tested and certified compatible with the NAS option but all you want to do is use it as disk storage and I don't see any reason at all why it should not work out just fine for you.

I was hoping that would be the answer. I will definitely see if it works OK.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back