Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using activeX controls in HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

puremagic

Programmer
May 16, 1999
GB
I created a few activeX controls in VB6 - mostly animated buttons, but am not exactly overly familiar with HTML - how do I reference between the object tags? And do I have to script to control the click event (the idea being that a button click changes the page in a different frame).<br>
Thanks in advance for suggestions.<br>
<br>
Gary

Well, I'm not experienced with activex, but I am an HTML buff, so I'll give this one a try.<br>
Wherever in your HTML code you are placing the objects that you are wanting to use for this navigation, you need to surround them with the following tags (fill in your data instead of the info between the quote marks ""):<br>
&lt;a href="the URL of the page that you want this button to open" target="the name of the frame that you want to open the page in"&gt;<br>
&lt;/a&gt;<br>
<br>
I hope this will help you, if you need any more help, feel free to e-mail me at: robherc@netzero.net<br>
<br>
-Robherc

Thanks Robherc, I'll give it a spin...<br>
<br>
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back