Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Access Forms With Web Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvhazelbaker

Programmer
Dec 15, 2004
US
I am looking for a web development tool that allows me to use the same basic layout as used in programs I have created in Access. I have researched Dreamweaver and other such programs and have not found anything that allows the use of combo boxes or provides the ability to link data between main forms and sub forms. So far it seems as if I can only use one table per one web page, which isn't conducive to how my tables are created where linking is necessary. Any thoughts on how I might create a web page that takes the layout of my form and the information stored in my database and reproduces it online?

Note: I realize this can be done with a Data Access Page, but I do not want to use such because it is extremely unfriendly and not aesthetically pleasing.

You're missing a concept. Web pages are individual entities. Access forms can be combined into a form/subform construction. With web pages, you can hyperlink (jump) to each different page. To pass data between the pages you must create cookies by coding, be it ASP or JScript or VBScript as used in Data Access Pages. You must understand you are coding in the Internet Explorer environment, not Access or your computer.
As far as the aesthetics of DAP's are concerned, mine has photos and colors and logos and comboboxes and checkboxes. And they actually show the most important thing, the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back