Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using Access database to hold daily blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidro

MIS
Sep 28, 2002
US
hi,
I was thinking of using access to store daily blogs and was wondering if access is capable of holding blogs?

Are there size limits for holding text strings?
thanks in advance.

Hi Sidro,
As far as I know Memo Data Type can hold Up to 65,536 characters
but OLE Object can hold objects (such as Microsoft Word documents, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, pictures) Up to 1 gigabyte

HI Gwena,
This is regarding the response,

"As far as I know Memo Data Type can hold Up to 65,536 characters...."

My question is, is that 65,536 characters per field?
Example, suppose I have a field called,"Receipe". The "Receipe" field can hold 65,536 charactors? And if I create more fields on the same database, those other fields can hold 65,536 charactors also?

thankx you guys or gals for the help:)

Hi Sidro,
As Far as I know... (just kidding)
Well, Scanning MSDN I found this:
Memo size: "Up to 65,535 characters. (If the Memo field is manipulated through DAO and only text and numbers [not binary data] will be stored in it, then the size of the Memo field is limited by the size of the database.)"

A record in Access is limited to 2k, not counting Memo fields.Meaning there is no limit on how many memo fields you have or how big they are because
msdn said:
whenever the 2K limit is reached on a record, Visual Basic automatically puts the Memo field on a separate page in the database file

hope it helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back