Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Access 2000 w/Office 2007 installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElSteveO

Programmer
Nov 6, 2001
US
I feel very uncomfortable w/Access 2007. I have Office 2007 installed, but want to use Access 2000. Can I have Access 2000 run on the same computer that has Office 2007 running? Must I remove Access 2007 first?

I appreciate any help.
Steve

My company doesn't want to use Access 2007, but we have Office 2007 installed.
Because of the work I do, I also have both versions of Access (2003 and 2007).

So far, no problems.

Randy

I feel very uncomfortable w/Access 2007

I was intimidated at first, too. It really isn't that different, it just takes some time to get used to where everything got moved to. There are some really neat new things you can do with it, as well. I encourage you to become familiar with the new environment, which carries over into the other Office 2007 products. Here is a great place to start:

Beir bua agus beannacht!

I appreciate everyone's help! I'm going to install my old Access 2000. I'm sure 2007 has its advantages, but to me it looks completely alien.

You can use both 2000 & 2007 at the same time, but you may find that 2000 starts using the updated libraries.

Have a look at the 2010 beta, it is free to try at the moment. I did not much like 2007, however I find 2010 much more pleasant.

I'm using 2000 and am so happy. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back