Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a ZEKE Variable in JCL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJM0524

Programmer
May 13, 2011
US
I am trying to figure out a way to use a zeke variable in my jcl to determine which GDG version of a dataset should be used in a job. Does anyone know of a way to do this?
See sample JCL below as to what I have tried and keep getting a JCL error. I created a zeke variable $F1T07R
//WORKCOPY EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//*******************************************
//SYSIN DD DUMMY
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=A
//SYSUT1 DD DSN=$F1T07R,DISP=SHR
//SYSUT2 DD DSN=WK.PRT07T.TEST,
// UNIT=DISK,DISP=(,CATLG,DELETE),
// SPACE=(CYL,(1,1),RLSE),
// DCB=(*.SYSUT1)

I've been out of an IBM environment for over 10 years now, so things might be called differently, but I believe what you are referring to as a "zeke" variable is more correctly termed a "symbolic" variable.

Try searching for "symbolic" variables using your favorite search engine or in the IBM manuals if you have them available.

Code what you mean,
and mean what you code!
But by all means post your code!

Razalas

Can't help the OP but for razalas ZEKE is a third party schedular. Symbolics haven't changed their names :)

I also have been off the mainframe for ten years.

Thanks for the responses, I kept trying different things and got it to work. So,yes you can use a Zeke variable in your JCL.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back