Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using a work laptop to connect to corporate network

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2nuk

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2002
GB
I have a user who is having difficulty accessing the corporate network using a works laptop. a hardware vpn device is used to gain access. the user can log in OK but is not able to access network resources and the time is set to date and time in October 2019. I suspect the issue is dues to the latest credentials not been cached to the laptop. As restrictions are currently in place the user is not able to get into the office to log the device into the corporate network. are there any other workarounds available that I could try to get the user to access the network? I am a remote worker and do not have physical access to the laptop!

Many thanks

Would need more information. What is the hardware vpn device used? How is it allowing log in? Via LDAP/AD credentials? Is the date and time incorrect on the vpn device, her laptop, somewhere else? Windows, MAC, Linux? Are you sure she is assigned the correct IP scheme for her department or for the correct VLAN/firewall rule?

Mods, this may be better suited in a different area as I dont think this is purely a Windows issue.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back