Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a virtual station to record a call?

Avaya_Enjoyer

Systems Engineer
Jan 4, 2023
CH
Hi kind people,

I have a situation at work which requires us to route calls away from our telephony system, we would like to record these calls and i was wondering if it was possible to use something like a virtual station to do so (the virtual station being set up to always record in ACR). The idea would be to route the calls away using a vector, then have a virtual station join in (similar to what happens in a conference call) and stay in call for the whole duration.

Does this even make sense and would it work? Otherwise, am i trying to work around a built in function which would easily allow this? Tried to search google and avaya docs but to no success.

We use the Avaya Aura R10 suite, i am sure you will need more details, let me know which ones.

Thanks in advance for the time you have taken to read my post!

If you can record all a station's calls and you're always going out to the same number, I'd try setting up EC500 on a station to the destination number and try recording the station that way

If you can record all a station's calls and you're always going out to the same number, I'd try setting up EC500 on a station to the destination number and try recording the station that way
Isnt't EC500 strictly related to mobile telephony? I have given it a look but sadly without success. What i tried is: Setup a vector which routes to a virtual station. The virtual station is linked to a coverage path which in turn is linked to a remote coverage target number. I have tried EC500 as well as setting both vector and vdn to conferencing but the virtual station drops the call as soon as the other side (in this case, for testing purposes my mobile phone) picks it up.

EC500 is still a call on your station. A virtual station can't take a call, it can only use a coverage path. You can try a real x ported station to see if it's any different, but AFAIK, once the call hits coverage, it's not on the station anymore so you can't record the station.

Hi Kyle this is some important information, thank you so much! I see that i am going about it the wrong way and will check a different approach to this issue.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back