Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using a .swf file in my email signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

x4fx

Technical User
Jun 28, 2004
US
i want to use a flash animation that is embedded at the end of my emails that i send. can anyone help me in how i go about doing this? thanks. alison

If you can send your email as HTML you can include your SWF in your email - just do it as you are preparing a normal HTML. But you cannot assume that all your recipients will see your SWF, as you won't be able to tell what kind of email client your recipients are using. Chances are your recipients are using Microsoft products (which are the worst available) and if so probably they will see nothing. Place a link to your SWF in your email as well so that Microsoft users can reach your SWF.

Kenneth Kawamoto

i dont know if i can use html in my emails. i am using apple's mail with OS10.

I use Thunderbird under OSX, because back in early days of OSX I couldn't create HTML email using Mail easily. I can't tell as I'm on an XP machine at this moment, but things may have changed these days and may be you can now. Do a test: create a signature in HTML and see if you can use it as your mail signature. (Or use Thunderbird.)

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back