Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a stored procedure in universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeS

MIS
Aug 14, 2002
Hi all,

I've defined a stored procedure in my database (Sybase Adaptive Server 12). Now, in my universe I want to use that stored procedure. Can someone explain the syntax to me?

I am trying: procedurename(argument1, argument2) but I am getting the error that procedurename is not a built-in function.

Thanks,

Serge

Hello Serge,

Don't know if it is possible to have a stored procedure IN a universe. How would you create relationship with the rest of the universe structure. You can use a defined stored prodecure as a dataprovider in itself when you choose "Access data in a new way" when adding a new dataprovider. T. Blom
Information analist
Shimano Europe
tbl@shimano-eu.com

You can't use a stored PROCEDURE in a universe. You can, however, use a stored function.

The real question: Can you use the thing you wrote in a simple SELECT statement outside of BO. If so, then you can use it in BO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back