Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a scene like a screensaver after a timeout..

Status
Not open for further replies.

basepointdesignz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
GB
Hi ppl,

I'm designing a CD-ROM in flash that will be used on a stand by the public. What I want to do is use an animated scene as a kind of screenesaver, so if there is no interaction for a certain period, a screensaver style scene kicks in - so to entice more users.

The trick is, I need this to happen anywhere in the CD-ROM, so if a user leaves and the program is inactive for say 5 mins, the screensaver kicks in.

Is this possible and if so how? I'm not too hot on ActionScript, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Or, is it a simple case of designing another movie and creating it as a proper system screensaver, then just alter the Windows settings to suit - If so, how do I go about creating a swf or projector as a screensaver, what file format does it need to be?

Cheers,
Paul @ basepoint designz LTD..

basepoint designz LTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back