Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using a parameter in subreport linking

Status
Not open for further replies.

yolly12

MIS
Mar 21, 2005
Hello,

I am using CR 8.5 developer and I am writing a report that displays some formula from a subreport. I have on the main form 2 parameters (From_Date, End_Date) and I have a formula in thre select expert that works wonderfully.

{CONTHIST.ONDATE} >= {?From_Date} and
{CONTHIST.ONDATE} <= {?End_Date}

I would like to have the select expert for the subreport to link to these paramaters so the users will not have to enter a date range twice. I cannot find the way to do this. Any ideas?

TIA for the help

Do the subreport link as you normally would, stating = to your date field.

Then go into the subreport Report->Record Selection->Record and adjust the = to >= and <= for the respective parameters it created.

-k

thanks for the speedy reply!

I have my parameter and when I select it, there is nothing to link to whereas if I use a database field I can link easily.

I also tried linking a date field from the table that the parameter is on from the main form to the date field I want in the subreport and then doing the >= thing in select expert but it does not recognize the parameter names - even with the ?Pm

OMG! nevermind me - it was a date time vs just date thing

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back