Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a MICR font in a DDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navik

Programmer
Apr 23, 2001
US
I wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post this, but here we go.

We've recently decided that we want to print our checks in their entirity so we don't need pre-printed forms. I've gotten the overlays to work real slick, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get the MICR code to print (or even to specify that as a font).

I'd appreciate all input on this subject.
Thanks

Navik - I have printed some info in "micr" format on an AS400.

I used a font of "OCRA" if I remember correctly. This pronted characters that coiulf be read by an optical character reader (scanner). Is this what you need?

There are MANY fonts for OCR printing. Lookup "Fonts"
in IBM's AS400 documentation for a complete list.

hmmm...not many people use this discussion forum. Maybe you can find a better forum.

Hope this helps. John

John,

I appreciate your response. This is how I tried it:

I set my PRTF like this:
A R CHECK FONT(OCRA)

I also tried:
A NUM1 6 POSITION(7 11)
A FONT(OCRA)

Neither seemed to work, I'm assuming I'm not formatting this correctly. Is it possible you could copy how you did it?

Thanks,
Navik

(the 2nd example was properly aligned when I copied it, I'm not sure why it's not aligned correctly here. Just letting you know that that wasn't the problem).

A good place to ask for help is at Midrange.com. They have many mailing lists with many experts. ;-) Thanks

Koldark

I'll check that out.
Thanks a ton.

Navik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back