Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a form for User name & password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtlca401

Programmer
Mar 18, 2003
US
Hi,
I have noticed that the protection on MS Access isn't really the best. I have been trying to figure out how to make a form that takes info from a table (columns: User name, Password)that a user can enter thier name and password, but I can't come up with any thing.

I would like to be able to enter any admin user name and password, and open the database with full permission. If an admin enters Name & password and the two fields match it opens the database windows. and if a regular non-input user enters their name, it opens up as pretty much as a read only. If after a non-input user enters their name and password and it matches it opens up the Main form.

Anyway of doing this?
I don't know if I explained it to good, so if you need more information, please ask.

This might not be what you want, but you can make security groups and sign indivduals to these groups. Then assign the groups the access you want them to have to the tables (ex: read only).

Hi,

Try this thread: thread702-442005 (make sure to read the beginning few posts - it has some pretty good tips)

Omega36 has written a sample db that handles security this way. Follow this link to download the sample:

HTH,

jbehrne If at first you don't succeed, call in an airstrike. - Murphy's Laws of Combat Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back