Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a defult ica connection as default email client

Status
Not open for further replies.

daphat

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2002
US
does ne1 have any idea how to make a custom ica connection you default email client.. IE if i click on a link that has a email address on a web site it opens the ica outlook and starts the session with the email address being added to the to line ?? Any insite will help.

Depends on what version of MetaFrame you are running. Feature Release 2 for XP provides content redirection, which may do what you want. It allows you the ability to open files through an ICA session instead of your local workstation. I have not tested it with Outlook though. In order to get a file to launch in the ICA session (if you also have the program installed locally) would require editing of the file type section of that extention. When you click on a "mailto" field, you're not actually launching a program per se, so I'm not sure how the redirection would know to launch the redirected Outlook.

Check out the documentation on FR2 and Content Redirection. If you could do it at all, I'm sure you would need FR2.

Hope this helps at least a little.

John

Hi Daphat. In FR2 you can set up content redirection for messages and forms. Go to the published Outlook Application on the Citrix box, and then select properties. In content Redirection you tick on messages and forms and hey presto.

Please note that when setting up Outlook on a Citrix Server, do not choose the 'default' profile, give it your own name, say 'Outlook', and then choose the default options for the profile and everything will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back