Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a DBGrid in Unbound mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brice

Programmer
Dec 16, 2000
US
I'm using a DBGrid to display and edit data that is contained in objects within a collection object that is within another object (Whew!) I have no problem getting the data from the objects and putting data into the objects in the collection, but for some reason, I am not able to display/edit more than one row in the grid.

In a sense, what I'm trying to do is replace the normal recordset with a collection that is a encapsulated within another object. Anyway, I guess what I need to know is how do I add new rows to the grid when I come to the last column in the last row of the grid without binding the grid to a recordset?

I'm using VB6, by the way, and would use a DataGrid except that it only has a Bound mode. It doesn't support Unbound which I think is what I need.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back