Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a Custom Outlook 2000 Form from the Choose Forms Pull Down Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack58

Technical User
May 6, 2002
US
I am on a Microsoft Exchange E-Mail system(I am using Outlook 2000). When I choose Forms, Choose a Form I am defaulted to the "Organizational Forms". I must then click on the drop down box and choose "Personal Form" to select my custom forms.

Does anyone know how to allow Outlook to start in the Personal Folders instead of the Exchange Folder?

Sure would save a lot of extra keystrokes.

Thanks!!

Jack

This is one of those issues I have always meant to look into but just never did. I have a feeling it can't be changed but I really need to look first to be certain.

I will try and post a response soon if no one else has an answer.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

After much research today it does not appear that you can change the order of this.

However I did learn how to write a macro so that you can pull up a form by clicking on an icon in your toolbar.

Only problem with this is if you want to use more than one form. You can only write one macro. If you want multiple icons you have to write a COM add-in to accomplish this.

But I also found someone who did this already.
The free version gives you only one icon. For $10 you can get mutiple icons so you can launch mutiple forms without ever going into Choose Forms.

I tried the free one and it was pretty straight forward.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

I downloaded the program, however can not figure how to get to the program itself. Does Outlook have an add in manager?

Please Help

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back