Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a Combo Box to Specify the Contents of Another Combo Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfost

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2004
GB
I have a form which I has two combo boxes. I want the first combo box to select the table which the data in the second combo box will come from.

I have four strategy level tables

strategy1_tbl
strategy2_tbl
strategy3_tbl
strategy4_tbl

each table has several fields including the following

strategyID
title

these are the fields I want in the second combo box. The four tables are identical in their structure except that the strategyID field is an autonumber field and automatically prefixes the ID with either 100,200,300,400 depending on which table it is.

The form which the combo boxes are on has an underlying table (strategy_stbl) which has two fields, one to store which strategy level (table)the record refers to and another to store which strategy (strategyID)it refers to.

I want to use the first combo box to select which table the values for the second combo box are taken from and then store that value on the underlying table (strategy_stbl) along with the strategyID.

Hope I explained that ok, feel free to ask me for more clarification if neccessary, any help recieved would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

p.s. I am using access 2003 if that makes any difference.

Hi
I think you need Microsoft: Access Forms forum702. The FAQ has a lot of great stuff on combo boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back