Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a calculated Date field for Due Date in a Three-state workflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

katoc

Programmer
Feb 15, 2005
US
Hello.

I have a sharepoint list where I have created a column called 'Expiration Date'. I created a calculated Date column (Calculated based on other columns) that takes Expiration Date minus 30 days called Renewal Date. So if Expiration date is 2/1/2013, the Renewal Date will have 1/1/2013. I then created a Three-state workflow for these list items to enable email reminders and am trying to set the Task Due Date properties, but the Renewal Date is not appearing in the dropdown. I'm guessing it is because only pure Date fields are allowed but the Renewal Date was set to Date type.

I don't have access to Sharepoint Designer and am limited to what I have permissions to do. Is there a workaround? I've lost my mind searching online.

Hi,

So if Expiration date is 2/1/2013, the Renewal Date will have 1/1/2013.
So how does [expiration date] - 30 get you 1/1/2013 when Jan has 31 days? Is that because "the Renewal Date was set to Date type."? That was an immediate red flag in my book!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

It was just an example. [expiration date]-30 will get me 1/2/2013, which is fine. I just need it to be able to allow this. And Renewal Date is a calculated field set to type Date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back