Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using a blackberry for 911 crisis alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

hojo15

Technical User
Apr 25, 2006
US
Hello,
I have been working on a way to send an alert to our security peoples blackberry. I've been trying to set this up using the crisis alert to digital pager feature in our S8700.
I am using a gateway service from AT&T on one of our on-call blackberry's. The gateway is accessed through an 800# and authenicates using the blackberry phone number.
My initial thought was to place the 800# gateway number in the pager number field on the crisis alert form and use the blackberry phone number as the PIN with a couple of pauses preceeding the PIN #. No luck.
AT&T advises to adjust the baud rate and parity setting for the CM. I don't think I have that kind of flexibility with the CM. Let me know if I'm mistaken..
I can send calls to the blackberry without using the gateway and get the the call to go through. The blackberry shows the ANI of the trunk but then only plays DTMF tones. No trailing emergency info is passed due to no conversion to SMS text..
I have a CM running 4.0.
Has anyone been able to do this or have any ideas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back