Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using 3D for Backgrounds in Photo Shoots ... Where to Start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyLemor

Technical User
Jun 18, 2002
PH
Hi,

I'm considering using 3D software to simulate backgrounds for some of my photo shoots.

I'm thinking of studying Cinema 4D because they say it's one of the most intuitive 3D apps out there, but I need a 3D app that comes with lots of ready-made backgrounds/settings, so I guess ease of learning can take second place to functionality.

I am also looking for a 3D app that can integrate well with the Adobe Creative Suite, specially Photoshop, and preferably Premiere/After Effects as well.

Any advice on this?

Thanks,
Franko

The Bryce series used to be excellent for environments, & pretty easy to use, tho I haven't used it in years. They can export/save rendering as a tiff or other file types you can then bring into photoshop
good luck!
-E
Bryce info...

'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

Thanks!

I have checked the Bryce website and I think it might be the one I'm looking for :)

I learned it by just jumping in; ctrl-z is your best friend in this case!
You can even import an image and map it onto a 3-D shape as a texture.
I've seen it for sale used on e-bay, and I think the latest versions of Bryce have animation capability, too.

'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back