Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using 2 gateways on terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2003
US
From what I've read/know about Windows, you can only use 1 gateway at a time.

Is there any way to have 2 network cards on a terminal server, each with a different gateway?

This would allow users to have a second ICA connection to try and use in the event the primary gateway fails.

I have a T1 router as one gateway and I would like to be able to use the DSL router as a second gateway, but it seems to me that second gateway will only work if the other fails, and then that second gateway is the man permanently.

Thanks in advance.

from my experience the second gateway will only work if the first is down . . windows will only use 1 default route..

we did it before on an old server and had 2 gateways specified (2 separate nics) and it can only take a small hiccup and the machine would seemlingly drop off the network all together, leading me to think it was swapping its default route, either because it detected an error or because it was trying some round robin thing... (sorry im not being very clear, but thats basically what we discovered?!?!)

The easiest thing to do is to add 2 network cards, 1 with the default gateway set, the other running on the other network, and just set a static route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back