Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users want to access resource in entirely different domain......

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnjaved

IS-IT--Management
Dec 25, 2004
CA
Hi All,
Domain A
Domain B
Domain B(REMOTE OFFICE)

There are some users in my company who wants to access resources in DOMAIN B while they are logged in to DOMAIN A. There's a trust relationship in between DOMAIN B and DOMAIN A.

So i created a VPN connection in between Domain A and Domain B and a network script successfully maps shared drives from each domain.

Now the problem is these Users also want to access to the resources in Domain B's remote location and the shared resources in Domain B's remote location are not mapping.

There's also a VPN connection in between Domain B and Domain B's remote location.

Can someone please suggest something or maybe a better solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated. These users are driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance

have you given the users in domain a permisions to the folders in domain b?

Aside from all the permission issues, do you have a network routing issue? Can you ping any IP addresses in DomainB remote from DomainA or vice/versa? If it is a routing problem, perhaps you need to setup a VPN between these two in addition to between A and B.

Hope this helps.

Can you reach the machines in RemoteB from A with a ping or such? If so can you view shares in the explorer (not trying to map, just view).

If not have you tried creating a VPN between DomA and RemoteB?

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back