Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users unable to delete print jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

maya14

Technical User
May 8, 2007
ZA
We have a few network printers that are connected to a Win 2003 server, but users are unable to delete any print jobs. It shows deleting print job by the user but nothing happens. The only way i can rid of print jobs is to stop and start print spooler on server but that deletes all jobs in the queue.

Do the users in question have manage Documents permissions. This would allow them to delete their jobs.

Everyone = Print
Print Operators = Print ,Manage Printers & Manage Documents

Users will need the manage Documents to delete jobs. Is that an option in your Security tab on the Print Server for that particular Printer?

Are all of the printers having this issue? You may have a driver issue on the print server. I usually stay at the PCL5e level as I have run in to many issues with the PCL6 drivers. I would check your print server logs for any errors. You can go in to the Print Server properties and check the "show print spool informational" errors as well for more diagnostics.

I have added Everyone = Manage Documents and will see if users can delete now. Deleting the printer and adding it with drivers dont solve the problem. All network printers are having this problem. Maybe driver issue can occur with one printer, but they are all giving this problem now. Maybe issue the TCP-IP port?

Are there any logs on your server pointing to an offending printer?

There are no entries in the event logs and cannot find a fix for this problem.

I have changed most printer permissions to Everyone = FC and still users cannot delete print jobs on any network printer. Dont see any errors on server or client workstations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back