Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

users security settings not imported from SI7.5 to CE9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasarian

Programmer
Feb 24, 2004
CA
Hi, when migrating from segate info 7.5 to CE 9 everything iimports fine except the restrictions on folders that I had placed in seagate info. I for some reason can access them in 9 even though I shouldnt be able to. any ideas why?
thanks

The security settings do not get carried over from SI to CE due to the changes in the security. This is documented in the Import Wizard documentation.

Excerpt from the CE9 Admin Guide:

Rights

Crystal Enterprise enforces security through object rights, which differ from the user rights used within Info. Consequently, the Crystal Import Wizard does not
import any of the folder security that is set up within the Info environment.

If you transfer reports from Info to Crystal Enterprise, the rights associated with the report are not transferred, only the ownership. If the owner of a report is the
Administrators group, the Administrators group will have Full Control access to it. If the owner of the report is not an administrator, the report will be transferred
and the View On Demand access mode will be associated with the report.

Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back